WHO WE ARE
The Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) is a ministry that educates, inspires, and mobilizes Christians in their effort to care for God's creation, to be faithful stewards of God's provision, to get involved in regions of the United States and the world impacted by pollution, and to advocate for actions and policies that honor God and protect the environment.
Founded in 1993, EEN's work is grounded in the Bible's teaching on the responsibility of God's people to "tend the garden" and in a desire to be faithful to Jesus Christ and to follow Him. EEN publishes materials to equip and inspire individuals, families, and churches; and seeks to educate and mobilize Christians to make a difference in their churches and communities, and to speak out on national and international policies that affect our ability to preach the Gospel, protect life, and care for God's Creation.
- Declare the Lordship of Christ over all creation. He is the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created. All things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. (Colossians 1:15b; 16a, c; 17)
- Deepen our walk with the Lord and the life of their churches through joy-filled worship, Bible study on the topics of creation's care, and prayer that God's will "be done on earth as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10).
- Show the compassion of Christ for people who suffer from creation's destruction (Proverbs 14:31).
- Demolish strongholds of sin that tarnish the glory and integrity of God's good creation (2 Corinthians 10:4-5).
- Build our Lord's kingdom by active service to restore and renew the works of his hands (Matthew 6:33; Ephesians 2:10).
- Share the Gospel with those who do not know that Jesus Christ is the ultimate Hope for creation groaning under our sin and the only Hope for our own souls (Romans 8:19-21; Colossians 1:20, 27).