Bring Light to the World : November 6th
Climate change can feel heavy and dark. So why not add some light?
Together with our partners, EEN is calling millions of Christians around the world to pray and light a candle for the climate, and then to take action in their communities to become—with the help of the Holy Spirit—the answer to their prayers.
This campaign will make its first public splash on November 6, during the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) in Glasgow, Scotland. We will be broadcasting a prayer and song service including messages from global leaders like Katherine Hayhoe and the world premiere of several songs written specifically for the campaign by professional artists in collaboration with The Porter's Gate Worship Collaborative.
Here's where you come in:
We want to see communities across the country joining in prayer, holding up their own candles, and coming together to take action in the face of the climate crisis. We are organizing at least 25 satellite vigil events across the U.S. to tune in to the broadcast from Glasgow, and then to hold their own candlelight vigils.
Don't worry, we'll do all the planning work for you! If you sign up to lead a vigil in your community, here's what you can expect:
- A toolkit with everything you need to host your event
- A webinar training on Oct. 12 at 8 pm ET where you will gather with other leaders across the country
- A stipend to cover the costs of supplies, food, and other necessities
- A dedicated campaign representative in your corner every step of the way
- A life-changing experience that will fill you with hope in the face of the climate crisis!
To indicate interest, fill our the simple sign-up form by clicking the button below. if you have some questions you want answered first, fill out the form and make a note on the last question that you still need more information, and an EEN staff member will be in touch soon!