We are all consumers. We all need products, but what if we exercised our care for God's creation by shopping for things that reduce a lot of waste and our footprint on the planet? It's a great time to switch to some more sustainable products for your home and church!
We've compiled a list to make your shopping better for the planet. One of the best things we can do for creation is making wiser decisions. If everyone would make these simple changes then all of us would be making less of an impact on our beautiful gift of God's tiny blue creation.
Here's our top 10 list for positive products!
- Replace the light bulbs as they burn out and switch to LEDs. The cost of LEDs has dropped dramatically. Most LED’s last over 10 years now and reduce heat output and energy consumption significantly.
- Do you know most appliances draw energy by simply being plugged in? The solution is so simple- unplug them! Seems like too much trouble? Don’t worry- plug them all into an electric strip and just flip the switch when you leave the room.
- Skip the brown paper lunch bag. Get a reusable lunch box. If you want to be fancy, get a bento box.
- Dump disposable plastic baggies. Get reusable food bags.
- How many plastic straws do Americans use every day? 500,000 million disposable plastic straws each and every day. So, skip the straw or if you need one get a washable stainless steel.
- Reduce your waste while shopping. Carry your own shopping bags.
- Toilet paper should be made from recycled content. You can now buy toilet paper made out of bamboo.
- Reduce the number of paper towels you use with the Skoy Eco-friendly Cleaning Cloth. Each pack of 4 is made from recycled paper waste and one Skoy replaces 10 rolls of paper towels.
- Why not get recycled aluminum foil? Aluminum is unlimited in its recyclability. So, buy recycled foil.
- Ditch the single-use plastic cling wrap. Try beeswax wraps. They can be used over and over again.